Monday, May 22, 2006

(eval '(tlas))

One of my many summer projects is to spend some time working with Common Lisp. A year or so ago, I used OpenMCL, but some things didn't work the way I thought they should.... OpenMCL only runs on PowerPC-based Macs, so I'm looking at some other options, since I use an Intel Mac most of the time....

Friday, I downloaded SBCL (Steel Bank Common Lisp) and installed it on my laptop. It worked almost immediately! [I had to change some of its permissions---enable read of the image.] I installed LTK, a Common Lisp binding for the Tk graphics toolkit. It worked after I figured out some minor details. I also spent some time looking at trying to install an OpenGL binding, but ran into a stumbling block and will try again later. [It uses CFFI (The Common Foreign Function Interface) to bind OpenGL to Lisp. The OpenGL Lisp source uses DARCS to control access to the source---I didn't see a simple tar or some other archival file....]

(setq tlas '(CFFI DARCS SBCL LTK OpenGL OpenMCL ))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home