Thursday, December 01, 2005

Debugging

Unfortunately, programs don't always work as expected, so programmers have to find the problems. This process is widely known as debugging and receives considerable technical attention, because programmers are always looking for faster ways to track down problems. Today, one such article popped up in my news aggregator: Signals as a Linux debugging tool

It contains some nice examples using a different technique than many of us often employ---the use of signals. It's been quite awhile since I've used them, so it was an entertaining diversion to work with them before one of my meetings this afternoon.

While reading/working my way through Signals as a Linux debugging tool, I found one of the references in it, Mastering Linux debugging techniques, to be very interesting. There is at least three hours of amusement in it.

I may use this material to create a lab or two for one or more of my classes. We could have squeezed in one more lab this semester, but we didn't have time to develop another lab.

Tags: Debugging

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home