Sunday, November 04, 2007

Speed Download by Yazsoft

Last week I saw several posts (Borkware Miniblog and NSLog();) about using Speed Download to download Leopard from Apple. I was a bit skeptical, but had tagged one of them in Google Reader for later. After installing Leopard yesterday, I needed to install a newer version of TeX. After about two/three hours, the download terminated in the middle (about 350 of 740 MB). My first thought was to start it again, my second thought was "hmm, I should try that Speed Download application."

A few minutes later, Speed Download was installed and I was ready to go. First I had to find the URL at the CTAN (the Comprehensive TeX Archive Network) which wasn't as easy as it should be.... Click start and about two hours later I had the latest version of MacTeX.

Yazsoft's Speed Download is now on my least of applications to purchase!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home