Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Building qOrganizer on OS X


A couple days ago I read about qOrganizer. Since it's open source and Qt, I thought I would try to build it when I had some time. I have some time this afternoon (office hours early in the semester usually aren't too busy). I downloaded the source, backed up the existing project file (just in case), then commenced building the application as follows:
  1. cp qOrganizer.pro qOrganizer.pro.original
  2. qmake qOrganizer.pro
  3. xcodebuild -project qOrganizer.xcodeproj -activetarget
Note: qOrganizer is in: build/Default

The application could probably be built directly in Xcode, but I find the command line faster for things like this.

Double-click the final application and start organizing whatever you need to organize.

The data files are stored (as text) in the directory .qOrganizer in your home directory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home