Friday, May 23, 2008

Leopard Update

I finally had time to update my office machine to Leopard (I probably could have done it sooner, but wanted to wait until the end of the semester...). Backing up all the files took a couple of hours---too much stuff! The actual installation only took about an hour, then another hour to update the System (version 10.5.2) and Apple applications (iTunes, QuickTime, Safari, etc.).

Problems:
  1. Converting Address Book
  2. Lost dot files
Solutions:
The Address Book problem was an easy one (I had encountered it before). Just copy old files into the new directory (~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook). I found this on one of Apple's Support Discussions: Topic: Tiger-->Leopard Address Book

The dot file problem is a bit tougher---the dot files are gone! The good news is that I have a copy of the important ones on my home machine. Note to self: Backup dot files!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home